XarFix

Effective Tool for Reparation and Maintenance

Each outage on a production line means huge losses, proportionately rising with the length of downtime. Fast service intervention in such a case is the main thing that every production manager wishes. However, the help is not always close, and problems are growing with the complexity degree of the necessary intervention. XARfix is ​​a troubleshooting solution.

Head Here, Hands There

With the use of holographic glasses, it is possible to simply guide a service technician performing repair or maintenance on the production line. He needs only to put on the glasses and direct them to the problematic sector. The system identifies the faulty component and shares the „report“ on the situation with the technician who has all the other data available or has his own experience with the similar repairs. Then he guides the repairman on the spot, he displays him individual work operations, and at the same time he checks on the monitor how he performs the repair.

Expert Systems

Already today the principles of so called remote maintenance thanks to advanced sensors and data transfer through GPRS are utilized by a wide range of high-tech robot industries. According to ABB’s analyzes, for example, up to 60% of failures in  robot operation can be handled remotely. But what about the remaining 40%? Sending a specialist to the failure is expensive and it requires time. Using XARfix, an online specialist needs to be only linked to a production line technician who he can easily guide and control even in the case of more demanding repairs.

Case Study

A typical example of maximally effective use of the remote maintenance principle by displaying in augmented reality is represented by the producer of wastewater treatment equipment. With their products, we can meet practically all over the world, which shows their high quality and technical excellence. But only this is not enough for a successful market operation. Due to the nature of work environment in sewage treatment plants, it can be assumed that a key factor for their reliable operation is fast, available service and maintenance.

One option is to train and finance service staff at the point of delivery, which would require considerable costs. For the company, there is more profitable – more efficient and more advantageous option – from its service center, where employees have the highest competencies and all the data about the delivered equipment, they will „view“ the serviced object through holographic glasses on the service staff’s heads and can repair within minutes remotely. They can watch the entire repair process, evaluate and control the quality or completeness of workflows. It does not matter at all that they are sitting ten thousand kilometers away …

If technicians have to fix something on the production line, they usually need to study a huge amount of information how the whole system works. It takes time, and during the downtime it plays against. By linking a mixed reality with expert knowledge, there is no need for technicians on the spot to study an extensive manual for a few days – a specialist can illustratively guide them because he „can see“ the same as they can and at the same time perfectly knows how the entire production system works.